An easy and fun Mexican braai for any day of the week.
“Carne asada” actually refers to the way the meat has been cooked, which in South African terms would be braai and that’s where these type of tacos get their name from.
The best cut of meat to use is flank steak (skirt steak may also work) and usually served on wheat flour tortillas, topped with Guacamole, lime juice and salsa. SIMPLE! Forget bout the rice, shredded cheese, etc.
- Season meat with the Taco seasoning, drizzle with the olive oil and marinate in the orange juice for at least 1 hour.
- Get charcoal ready.
- Make Guacamole as per recipe.
- Braai meat to medium and set aside. Let stand for a few minutes and then chop into small pieces.
- Heat tortillas and place them inside a kitchen cloth and Tortilla Warmer Basket.
- Place meat, tortillas and garnishes and topping on the table and let your guests build their own tacos.