Cocoa and chocolate are very traditional ingredients in both sweet and savory dishes in Mexico. One of the nicest recipes is for Mexican hot chocolate which is light and fluffy and will always warm you up on a chilly day.
- Click on the + to add product to cart.
- 1 Tablet Mexican Chocolate
- 1.5 L Milk (reduce milk if you like it stronger)
1. Carefully bring the milk to a boil in the heavy-bottomed saucepan.
2. Remove the milk from the heat.
3. Break the chocolate tablet into small pieces and add them to the hot milk.
4. Stir until all of the chocolate is dissolved.
5. Use a Molinillo (a traditional wooden frother) to make the hot chocolate foamy.
To do this, you insert the bottom part of the molinillo into the milk and chocolate mixture, hold the stem between the palms of your hand and rub them together so the bottom of the molinillo rotates quickly.
6. When the hot chocolate has lightened slightly in colour and has a rich, foamy texture, it is ready to serve.
Serve hot and enjoy.