While we are very proud of our Mexican heritage at Azteca and always aim to bring you authentically delicious flavours, the occasional Tex-Mex dish can be a tasty week-night meal. This dish combines an American staple; the hot-dog, with tasty Tex-Mex nachos for a squishy, crunchy flavour explosion.
1 Can Red Enchilada Sauce. Mixed with 1/3 can water.
6-8 Frankfurter or Bratwurst Sausages
6-8 Hot-dog Rolls. Toasted and cut open – lengthwise.
100g Mild Cheddar Cheese. Grated.
200g Azteca Nacho Chips. Crushed.
1. In a medium skillet, heat the red enchilada sauce.
2. Add the sausages to the hot sauce and boil until heated through.
3. Drizzle a spoonful of the enchilada sauce along the inside a hot-dog roll and top with a sausage.
4. Top the sausage with the guacamole, cheese and crushed nacho chips.
5. Repeat until all of your rolls are filled.
9. Serve immediately accompanied by a cold glass of agua fresca.